The BES mission
- BES fosters an interdisciplinary method of identifying, analyzing and solving environmental challenges.
- BES strives to develop environmental leaders: agents of change who are passionate about the environment, scientifically informed on the issues, and creative in generating solutions and opportunities.
- BES promotes the personal development of environmental ethics that, while recognizing tradition, culture and heritage, are fundamentally based on science.
- BES strives to reconstitute human-environment bonds through diverse pedagogy, leading to a greater appreciation and conservation ethos—not only for within Singapore but also regionally.
- BES seeks to create regional advocates for the environment. We want students to look outside Singapore and use their prodigious talents to contribute to environmental conservation and management in the Asian region and beyond. We view this as a necessary type of technology transfer from a developed country to its developing neighbors.
https://www.envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/VIN70542.jpg 2381 3572 BESSuperAdmin https://envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BES-logo-final.jpg BESSuperAdmin2017-11-14 13:56:022017-12-12 08:58:015th Asia Environment Lecture
https://www.envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/DSC_4969.jpg 750 1125 BESSuperAdmin https://envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BES-logo-final.jpg BESSuperAdmin2017-07-24 14:46:392017-07-24 15:00:24BEQUEST 2017!
https://www.envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/9-Nov-10.jpg 4200 2800 Cheryl Sim Miao Fang https://envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BES-logo-final.jpg Cheryl Sim Miao Fang2017-01-25 18:46:032017-01-25 18:51:13BES 5th Anniversary Celebration: Saving Gaia – Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
Synopsis “I wish you would use all means at your disposal – films, expeditions, the web, new submarines – to create a campaign to ignite public support for a global network of marine protected areas; Hope Spots large enough to save and…
https://www.envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/IMG_20161109_113255.jpg 3024 4032 Mui Hong Ong https://envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BES-logo-final.jpg Mui Hong Ong2016-11-17 18:05:232017-01-19 18:30:20Bachelor of Environmental Studies Celebrates Fifth Anniversary
https://www.envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/water-resevoir.jpg 1080 1868 BESSuperAdmin https://envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BES-logo-final.jpg BESSuperAdmin2016-08-26 07:24:262016-09-03 03:37:23Embrace social complexities in water policy
The way we use water is shaped by social and cultural norms. And if you ask the average person why and how they use water, you will find interesting and varied responses, no doubt. This is a vital point to consider when Singapore’s policymakers…
https://www.envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/VertFarm-1000058.jpg 600 800 BESSuperAdmin https://envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BES-logo-final.jpg BESSuperAdmin2016-07-17 06:33:052016-07-18 22:09:38Field Trip: Vertical Farm
https://www.envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/ST_20160509_JANAUHAZE_2269278.jpg 1024 1536 BESSuperAdmin https://envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BES-logo-final.jpg BESSuperAdmin2016-07-10 02:23:042018-02-27 01:24:37Can S-E Asia be haze-free by 2020?
Audrey Tan from the Straight Times asks important questions regarding the annual haze. Read more at http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/can-s-e-asia-be-haze-free-by-2020
https://www.envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/paris-header.jpg 428 1349 BESSuperAdmin https://envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BES-logo-final.jpg BESSuperAdmin2015-12-07 19:02:482016-07-07 19:05:36Paris Summit 2015
This week, world leaders are meeting in Paris to discuss how to combat climate change.
https://www.envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Aedes_aegypti_biting_human-sm.jpg 634 800 BESSuperAdmin https://envstudies.nus.edu.sg/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/BES-logo-final.jpg BESSuperAdmin2013-08-27 05:12:162017-01-25 18:19:06Environment and Health: Vector-borne and Infectious Disease
Synopses The Challenge of Dengue and other Vector-borne Diseases in Singapore, A/P Ng Lee Ching Singapore has been confronted by the emergence and re-emergence of several important vector-borne diseases (such as dengue, chikungunya and malaria),…